Pay per Head betting terms
BettorsNet.com® Pay per head services provides the most complete and professional offshore per head solution in the industry. Our goal is to become the number one online per head option and reliable source for today’s bookmakers.
The following are some per head betting terms to complement your existing gambling dictionary.
- Action: Placing any kind of wager on a sporting event.
- Betting line: The point spreads associated with each individual sporting contest.
- Bookmaker: A betting professional who sets the betting lines and accepts action from gamblers.
- Closing line: The last betting line posted before a sporting event begins.
- Covering the spread: When a sports team wins a contest with the help of the betting line.
- Favorite: The team that is determined to have an edge over another team in a sporting contest.
- Futures & Propositions: different types of future bets
- Handicapper: A betting professional who examines the conditions surrounding a sporting contests and then determines the favorite and the underdog.
- Hedge: Attempting to lower the risk of loss with a bet by placing a second bet.
- High roller: A gambler that likes to place large bets whenever he executes betting action.
- House: The organization or person who accepts betting action, covers bets won by customers and takes in the money from lost bets.
- Injury report: The report issued by a sports team or league that indicates which players are injured and how long they will be out of action.
- Inside information: Data that could influence the outcome of a sporting event that is obtained directly from team representatives that is not widely reported to the public.
- Juice: The money that a bettor owes to the house when he loses a bet.
- Lay: The actual act of placing a bet.
- Line: A comprehensive list of sporting events and their associated betting lines.
- Layoff account: Agents can layoff or scalp bets they don’t want or can’t handle
- Lock: A sporting event that is predicted to have a lopsided outcome.
- Moving the line: Changes made to the betting line to accommodate the action that is being taken.
- Odds: The amount of money that a bettor can win for each dollar that is bet.
- Off the boards: The point where an odds maker will no longer accept action on a sporting event.
- Opening line: The very first betting line that the bookmaker introduces for action.
- Over/under the total: A bet based on the combined score of both teams in a sporting event.
- Pari-mutuel: A proportional betting system where the payment to winners is determined by the amount of money collected in a betting pool.
- Parlay: A set of two or more sporting events grouped together in the same betting list.
- Point spread: The margin of victory that a bookmaker predicts a team will win a particular sporting event by.
- Power rating: A number assigned to a team that is based on its success throughout the season and its relative chance of winning a championship.
- Press: The process of increasing a wager.
- Pay per head: Software that bookmakers can use to provide comprehensive services online to bettors.
- Pricemaker: A bookmaker that sets the odds for a sporting event.
- Push: A wager that winds up being a tie when the point spread is taken into consideration.
- Sportsbook: A business that determines betting lines and takes betting action.
- Tout Sheets: control sheets for the Agents´use in order to view what the informed players are seeing
At BettorsNet.com® Pay per head services we provide our agents with an extensive sports offering 80+ leagues and 70+ horse tracks. Furthermore, our variety of online casino games and poker tournaments are available for additional entertainment so our agents´ betting players have a unique betting experience at all times. Get now our Bookmaker Software and start profiting from it!