The second thoroughbred race of the Triple Crown, the Preakness Stakes will take place this Saturday May 18th at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore. This incredible 1-3/16 miles race is also known as “the Second Jewel of the Triple Crown” and it gathers some of the best horses in the country.
The Preakness Stakes history dates back to 1873 when it first started and after 138 years it is still one of the most awaited events in horse racing.
This year´s purse will pay US $1,000,000 dollars and some of the preakness odds to win the race are:
1. 2013 Kentucky Derby winner Orb and Jockey Joel Ros Orb. is the favorite to win and only minutes ago his odds were at Even but it has moved to 10/11
2. Goldcents is the second favorite and his odds stand at 8/1, Jockey Keving Krigger will have the difficult task to keep him on track and win the race
3. Titletown Five moves to third place with Jockey Julien Leparoux, his betting odds are 28/1
4. Claiborne/Dilschneider Breeders will be cheering for their horse Departing 13/2
5. Mylute takes the fifth place with good betting odds of 6/1 and it is expected to perform well
6.Oxbow will be ridden by Jockey Gary Stevens and its odds at 16/1
The remaining three places are for: Will Take Charge (12/1), Governor Charlie (10/1) and Itsmyluckyday (12/1).
Winning the Triple Crown is considered one of the biggest accomplishments in and this has not happened since 1978 when Affirmed managed to win all three races . In more recent years if we take a look at the stats we will find interesting attempts from I’ll Have Another in 2012, Big Brown in 2008 and Smarty Jones in 2004 but no horse managed to pull the Triple Win.
BettorsNet.com® Price per Head team of gambling professionals provide top players services regarless of our agents betting backgrounds so you can count with our knowledge to become an expert in the horse betting bookmaking business.
Begin your Free 7-day Trial call toll-free now 888-978-0688