The 2015 Professional Baseball Leagues training has started as the new season approaches fast. The opening game will be taking place on April 5th between the Saint Louis Cardinals and the Chicago Cubs at the city´s sports center.
The Cubs current roster include top names that will be available for playing from the first game forward:
Cubs Active Roster
|49||Jake Arrieta||R-R||6’4″||225||Mar 6, 1986|
|32||Dallas Beeler||R-R||6’5″||210||Jun 12, 1989|
|66||Drake Britton||L-L||6’2″||215||May 22, 1989|
|22||Felix Doubront||L-L||6’2″||225||Oct 23, 1987|
|79||C.J. Edwards||R-R||6’3″||170||Sep 3, 1991|
|52||Justin Grimm||R-R||6’3″||210||Aug 16, 1988|
|39||Jason Hammel||R-R||6’6″||225||Sep 2, 1982|
|28||Kyle Hendricks||R-R||6’3″||190||Dec 7, 1989|
|36||Edwin Jackson||R-R||6’3″||210||Sep 9, 1983|
|43||Eric Jokisch||R-L||6’2″||205||Jul 29, 1989|
|34||Jon Lester||L-L||6’4″||240||Jan 7, 1984|
|30||Jason Motte||R-R||6’0″||205||Jun 22, 1982|
|60||Joseph Ortiz||L-L||5’7″||175||Aug 13, 1990|
|50||Blake Parker||R-R||6’3″||225||Jun 19, 1985|
|54||Neil Ramirez||R-R||6’4″||190||May 25, 1989|
|56||Hector Rondon||R-R||6’3″||180||Feb 26, 1988|
|59||Zac Rosscup||R-L||6’2″||220||Jun 9, 1988|
This game will be followed on April 6th by a total of 16 games in different cities in the United States among which we will be able to watch the New York Yankees hosting the first game of the day versus the Toronto Blue Jays and the closing clash of the evening as the Giants arrive in Arizona to play the Diamondbacks.
On the other hand, the St. Louis Cardinals one of the oldest baseball teams in the league that currently hold a total of 11 World Series titles obtained in the following years: 2011, 2006, 1982, 1967, 1964, 1946, 1944, 1942, 1934, 1931 and 1926. And a total of 3 East Division titles 1982, 1985, and 1987 will be facing off the Cubs at the Opening of the 2015 MLB season.
Since 2006, the St. Louis Cardinals play their home games at the Busch Stadium III located in St. Louis, Missouri with a total attendance capacity of 46,861. This is a quick view of the stadium´s google map location.
The Cardinals are getting their crew ready for a prosperous 2015 season as their minor league players are getting graded on the type of promising prospects they could be for their team this season.
Some of these names are:
1) Marco Gonzales, LHP, Grade B+: Age 23, posted 2.43 ERA with 117/27 K/BB in 122 innings at three levels, then 4.15 ERA with 31/21 K/BB in 35 big league innings. Rapid advancement for former Gonzaga ace, key pitch is excellent changeup along with low-90s fastball, decent curve, strong sense of his craft. Could relieve at first but number three starter in the long run.
2) Alex Reyes, RHP, Grade B+: Age 20, posted 3.62 ERA with 137/61 K/BB in 109 innings in Low-A, 82 hits. Excellent K/IP and H/IP ratios provide sabermetric confirmation of top-flight stuff, fastball in upper 90s, plus curve, developing change-up. Needs tighter command but upside of a number two starter.
3) Rob Kaminsky, LHP, Grade B+: Age 20, posted 1.88 ERA with 79/31 K/BB in 101 innings in Low-A, 71 hits. Lively low-90s fastball with excellent curve, change-up needs some work, command is more advanced than Reyes, potential number three starter or perhaps a power reliever if durability becomes an issue.
4) Jack Flaherty, RHP, Grade B/Borderline B-: Age 19, first round pick in 2014, posted 1.59 ERA with 28/4 K/BB in 23 innings in rookie ball. Low 90s fastball, already has quality curve, slider, change, throws strikes, advanced pitchability. We need to see how he handles workload but every reason to be optimistic. Usually ranked behind Piscotty and Grichuk on prospect lists but I am very intrigued with Flaherty and will gamble here.
5) Stephen Piscotty, OF, Grade B-/Borderline B: Age 24, hit .288/.355/.406 in Triple-A, OPS and wRC+ production exactly average for PCL, big guy without big power, prefers to focus on pure hitting skills. Grounded into 18 double plays. Runs well, good throwing arm. He’s a good prospect but perhaps somewhat overhyped. source: minorleagueball.com
On a different note, some other news on the professional baseball world mentioned how this past week in baseball, two players decided to take shots at their former ball clubs. Now-Braves outfielder Nick Markakis had some comments about the Orioles and then later apologized. Now-Marlins starting pitcher Mat Latos said some things about the Reds. Check out this quick video for more details on the Arizona Diamondbacks preseason training.
The following are the top 10 baseball powerhouses with the best chances to win this year´s World Series as per BettorsNet.com® Pay per Head:
|Los Angeles Dodgers||8/1|
|Los Angeles Angels||12/1|
|St. Louis Cardinals||13/1|
|Boston Red Sox||14/1|
|San Francisco Giants||16/1|
|Chicago White Sox||18/1|
|San Diego Padres||20/1|
BettorsNet.com® Pay per Head offshore contact center facilities are located in Costa Rica and we work very hard to offer the most professional services no matter the number of active players our bookmakers have. Our online solution is the bookmakers backbone support in all areas of their betting business, for more details on how to get your pay per head account set up and select your package option click here
Begin your Free 7-day Trial call toll-free now 888-978-0688