The official NFL Regular season kick off is scheduled for September 4th, 2014 and as the professional football action resumes there are still many rumors around the top NFL franchises. Some of these rumors and news as follows:
- The 49ers have received inquiries from teams regarding the availability of holdout guard Alex Boone but are not interested in dealing him, a source told CSNBayArea.com. – The 49ers made Boone a contract offer that added new years to his existing deal that is scheduled to pay $2 million this season and $1.2 million in 2015.
- Chicago Bears wait for backup RBs to set themselves apart – On the Bears’ sideline Thursday against the Jacksonville Jaguars, guard Kyle Long tried to pry the ball from rookie running back Ka’Deem Carey’s hands. – Two weeks into the preseason, rookie thrills are about only positive surrounding the Bears’ rushing offense. The team is searching for two players to back up Matt Forte and waiting for runners to separate themselves.
- Forbes: Raiders no longer least valuable team in NFL – The Raiders are the 28th most valuable franchise in the NFL, according to Forbes’ latest valuations. Last year, Mark Davis’ team clocked in as the least valuable franchise at an estimated $825 million.
- Buffalo Bills rookie Sammy Watkins has a rib injury that kept him out of practice Monday night. As far as concrete information goes about the injury to the team’s first-round draft pick, that’s all there is to offer. – coach Doug Marrone is referring to his proclamation that he was “110 percent” confident quarterback EJ Manuel would play in the 2013 season finale at New England. That, of course, didn’t happen because of a knee injury.
- Vikings, Chris Kluwe announce agreement officially reached, ending 7 1/2-month saga – The settlement, which was reached late last week and then put in writing early this week, results in the Vikings making donations to five LGBT groups over the next five years. The amount of money the Vikings will donate was not released, but Kluwe will receive no money.
- Steelers’ Bell, Blount taken into custody, admit to pot possession – The Pittsburgh Steelers backfield could be facing legal trouble. Detective Brian Kohlhepp of the Ross Township, Pennsylvania Police Department confirmed to NFL Media that running backs Le’Veon Bell and LeGarrette Blount were pulled over Wednesday around 1:30 p.m. ET. They, along with an unidentified female passenger in the backseat, were taken into custody and admitted to marijuana possession.
- Salty Coughlin on Giants offense: ‘They better’ get it together – Eli Manning said he sees signs the Giants’ offense is getting better. Despite the dismal results, Victor Cruz said, “I’m not concerned’’ and that “there were definitely some positive things out there’’ as he evaluated the most recent preseason stinker. Tom Coughlin said something quite different Sunday when questioned whether he believes the players have the same sense of urgency he does to get this shabby offense fixed before the Sept. 8 season opener
- Should Dolphins be interested in 49ers guard? The San Francisco 49ers and Alex Boone seem to be getting no closer to a deal that would end the guard’s training camp holdout. Recent reports indicated the team had offered Boone a contract that would make him one of the “top 12” paid guards in the league, only to have Boone reject the offer. Shortly thereafter, other reports denied the rejection, but wherever the 49ers and Boone are in their negotiations, Boone still is not in camp, and the team is halfway through their preseason schedule. A situation like that invites plenty of rumors and speculation, especially for teams that are in need of guard help heading into the regular season, including the Miami Dolphins. According to various reports, there are several teams that could be interested in Boone. –
- Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said during his Thursday press conference that DeVonte Holloman’s career is likely over. The 23-year old second-year linebacker left Saturday’s preseason game with a neck injury. He was going for a tackle with 6:34 left in the fourth quarter and one of his teammates made contact with him underneath his arm. Before team doctors could get to him, Holloman punched the turf in frustration. –
Check out a couple of videos on the latest news and rumors taking place around the NFL:
At BettorsNet.com® we offer many great benefits to keep your players engage all season long and also provide additional entertainment options like: virtual casino games, horse racing on more than 70 tracks in the United States, and poker tournaments which they will enjoy very easily just by using any mobile device: smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop.
Begin your Free 7-day Trial call toll-free now 888-978-0688