The 49th edition of the Super Bowl, the top American Football event of the year will be taken place on February 1st, 2015 at the University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Arizona.
Still, there are four teams battling to win the trophy as the Indianapolis Colts, New England Patriots, Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks will be meeting up this weekend in order to define which teams will be the AFC and NFC champions to face off the final game.
For four decades after its 1920 inception, the NFL successfully fended off several rival leagues. But 1960, it encountered its most serious competitor when the American Football League (AFL) was formed. The AFL vied heavily with the NFL for both players and fans, but by the middle of the decade the strain of competition led to serious merger talks between the two leagues.
Prior to the 1966 season, the NFL and AFL reached a merger agreement that was to take effect for the 1970 season. As part of the merger, the champions of the two leagues agreed to meet in a “world” championship game for professional American football until the merger was effected. source: wikipedia.com
Here is a list of the past Super Bowl winners over the past 10 years:
XLVIII (2014): Seattle Seahawks
XLVII (2013): Baltimore Ravens
XLVI (2012): New York Giants
XLV (2011): Green Bay Packers
XLIV (2010): New Orleans Saints
XLIII (2009): Pittsburgh Steelers
XLII (2008): New York Giants
XLI (2007): Indianapolis Colts
XL (2006): Pittsburgh Steelers
XXXIX (2005): New England Patriots
Super Bowl Important facts:
- Super Bowl is one of the most watched annual sporting events in the world
- Super Bowl has possessed a large US and global television viewership
- The highest-rated game according to Nielsen was Super Bowl XVI in 1982
- New England Patriots became the dominant team throughout the early 2000s
- Pittsburgh Steelers and Indianapolis Colts continued the era of AFC dominance by winning Super Bowls XL and XLI in 2005-06 and 2006–07
- The 2010s have seen a return to dominance by NFC teams
- Super Bowl XLVIII, played at New Jersey’s MetLife Stadium in February 2014, was the first Super Bowl held outdoors in a cold weather
- The Super Bowls of the 2000s and early 2010s are notable for the performances (and the pedigrees) of several of the participating quarterbacks
- As of Super Bowl XLVIII, 27 of 48 Super Bowls have been played in three cities: New Orleans (10), the Greater Miami area (10), and the Greater Los Angeles area (7)
Here are a couple of very interesting videos on the next Super Bowl event: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-01-11/super-bowl-2015-xlix-location-date-kickoff-time-glendale-phoenix-nbc-matchup-preview
BettorsNet.com® Pay per Head services ensure high security levels on every transaction whether accessing reports, reviewing lines, making deposits or placing wagers. One of the strongest pillars at BettorsNet.com® is the technology we have implemented to ensure the safest betting environments from any type of mobile devices.
Begin your Free 7-day Trial call toll-free now 888-978-0688